[postgis-users] i18n

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Thu Jun 23 09:02:22 PDT 2005

Since we are talking about languages, I have some questions to the
community:

- Should I worry that we are losing international users because of our
generally English-only web site (occasional submitted translations
notwithstanding?)
- Would a more open web site, with translation support, actually be
maintained regularly, or would I risk creating a multi-lingual ghetto,
where only the English site is up to date, and the rest are in various
stages of disrepair?
- At a code level, should we consider applying i18n to PostGIS itself?
The number of strings/errors we produce is low, and PgSQL handles most
of the core language issues, but should we try and be complete?

Paul