[postgis-users] function xmin(geometry) is not unique

Ron Mayer rm_postgis at cheapcomplexdevices.com
Thu Mar 3 22:44:20 PST 2005

Queries that use "xmin(the_geom)" seem to have worked in earlier
versions but recently seem to be failing with the error message
"function xmin(geometry) is not unique".

Is this expected, or am I doing something wrong.  It's a clean
install of postgresql and postgis and- well, the whole OS.

The workaround  "xmin(box2d(the_geom))"  works fine for me; so
it's not really a problem.  Just a difference I noticed and I'm
wondering why the change; or if its a problem of my environment.