[postgis-users] Odd explain analyze estimates?

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Fri Mar 4 09:22:36 PST 2005

Mark, read carefully the explain analyze outputs.
It seems normal to me that using subqueries doesn't allow the
optimizer to take good decisions, while the query with no subquery
has *excellent* estimates, am I reading something wrong ?

I don't think disabling the JOINSEL will do any better...
Anyway we should wait for next report.

--strk;