[postgis-users] loading shapefiles into postgis db

Shaq Gbadebo s_gbadebo at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 4 09:26:15 PST 2005

Hi,
Whoa!!!.....You guys are so helpful.I really appreciate this. Markus that
website worked like magic and created the .shx files easily. Strk thanks for
helping to find my problem. I tried the shp2pgsql again I did not get the
shape is null message again, whcih was a good sign. I got the error below

bash-2.05b$ shp2pgsql -D "COUNTY_region.shp" myschema.countyRegion | psql -d
emmet
ERROR:  Namespace "myschema" does not exist
NOTICE:  Invalid schema name - using current_schema()
WARNING:  Error occurred while executing PL/pgSQL function addgeometrycolumn
WARNING:  line 56 at execute statement
ERROR:  Relation "public"."countyregion" does not exist
ERROR:  Namespace "myschema" does not exist
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "0" at character 1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "MULTIPOLYGON" at character 1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "MULTIPOLYGON" at character 1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "MULTIPOLYGON" at character 1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "MULTIPOLYGON" at character 1
ERROR:  parser: parse error at or near "MULTIPOLYGON" at character 1

Which seems to imply, that the table has still not been created. Can anyone
please help?