[postgis-users] Displaying map through a mapserver with data from postgis

Shaq Gbadebo s_gbadebo at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 7 11:40:20 PST 2005

Hello guys,

I'd like to first thank you guys for helping with my last problem.

I am trying to display a map with maqpserver, here is a copy of the mapfile.

MAP
  IMAGETYPE PNG
  EXTENT 201621.496941 -294488.285333 1425518.020722 498254.511514
  SIZE 400 300
  SHAPEPATH "/home/MapData"
  IMAGECOLOR 0 0 255

# PROJECTION
  #  "proj=laea"
  #  "ellps=clrk66"
  #  "lat_0=45"
  #  "lon_0=-100"
  #
  # Alternatively, you can specify an EPSG code.
  # "init=epsg:2163"
  #
  #END

  LAYER
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   NAME "county"
   CONNECTION "user=postgres password=postgres dbname=fyp
host=localhost.localdomain port=5432"

   DATA "name FROM county"
   STATUS ON
   TYPE POLYGON
   CLASS
    COLOR 255 0 0

   END
  END
END

When I point the browser to this file, it displays the background but not
the actual map, I would apprciate any kind of contribution.

THanks

Shaq