[postgis-users] an error in Postgis-1.0.0 rc-x

Stüwe rolf.stuewe at stadt.wuppertal.de
Tue Mar 8 04:56:29 PST 2005

Dear Mr. Ramsey,

I recognized an error when exporting the "configure" statement in Version
1.0.0rc3  from the contrib directory of postgreSQL-8.0.1 in Suse Linux .
The output was:

configure: error:
Autoconf-based configuration is not widely tested.
If you want to use it anyway specify --enable-autoconf.

in Version 1.0.0rc2 and rc1 there is no file named "configure".
We wish to use postgreSQL 8 and postgis1 with proj4 and GEOS 2.1.1.
Can we use the Postgis-Versions 1.0.0 or shall we better wait.

with best regards

Rolf Stüwe

Stadtverwaltung Wuppertal
Ressort: Vermessung, Katasteramt und Geodaten (102.341)
Straße:  Große Flurstraße 10
Ort:     42275 Wuppertal
Telefon: +49-202-563-5709
Telefax: +49-202-563-5969