[postgis-users] Unusual Make/Compilation Error - postgis-1.0.0-rc3

Tomeh, Husam htomeh at firstam.com
Fri Mar 11 15:41:37 PST 2005

I have installed PostgreSQL 8 on my Solaris 2.8 dev machine. I installed
Proj.4 and GEOS spatial libraries and have been trying to install the
PostGIS library with no luck so far. I downloaded and extracted
postgis-1.0.0-rc3 under the the contrib subdirectory. When I run "make",
I get errors not finding other Making.* files under "src". I checked for
these Making.* files and they do exist!! However; I keep getting the
following errors when I run "make":

anadev10 /p01/postgresql-8.0.1/contrib/postgis-1.0.0-rc3 :) make
make -C lwgeom
make[1]: Entering directory
`/p01/postgresql-8.0.1/contrib/postgis-1.0.0-rc3/lwgeom'
../Makefile.config:90: /src/Makefile.global: No such file or directory
Makefile:98: /src/Makefile.shlib: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory
`/p01/postgresql-8.0.1/contrib/postgis-1.0.0-rc3/lwgeom'
make: *** [liblwgeom] Error 2

Any idea is highly appreciated. Thanks,

-- Huasm

This message contains confidential information intended only for the
use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain information that
is legally privileged.  If you are not the addressee, or the person
responsible for delivering it to the addressee, you are hereby
notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this
message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message by
mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and
delete the original message immediately thereafter.

Thank you.                                       FADLD Tag