[postgis-users] Memory leak in translate function in RC3

Bryce Watkins bwatkins.lists at ihug.co.nz
Tue Mar 15 20:42:54 PST 2005

Hi strk,

I have defiantly found a leak this time :-) in that if I run the following
query I get out of memory error, and also watching the postgresql process on
the box shows the memory consumption continually increasing over time,
whilst the query is running.

SELECT crs_feature_name.id, crs_feature_name."type", crs_feature_name.name,
crs_feature_name.status, crs_feature_name.other_details,
astext(translate(crs_feature_name.shape, 160, 0, 0)) AS shape
FROM crs_feature_name
inner join crs_parcel on crs_feature_name.id = crs_parcel.fen_id
limit 100;

Translate seems to work fine if it's used on its own, but when combining
with astext or transform then this is the output (from astext combination
anyway).
ERROR:  out of memory
DETAIL:  Failed on request of size 268435456.

This has only shown up since RC2 as far as I can tell.

Cheers,
Bryce.