[postgis-users] Has anyone considered interpolation of sparse point networks?

Purvis, Charlton cpurvis at asg.sc.edu
Thu Mar 17 11:56:27 PST 2005

Yeah, Gerry.  That's what we use around here.  Going from SSH track data
into smooth contours fits most closely w/ your query, I think.  Create a
timestamped grid based on sparse x,y data that's inside PostGIS.  Run GMT to
produce the contours based on your current extents and time.  Shove the
resultant image and .wld back up to MapServer for the final product.

And thanks for the promo spot, Paul, re. large datasets!  ;)

Charlton

  _____