[postgis-users] Connection with Oracle 9i

Paul Ramsey pramsey at refractions.net
Mon Mar 21 20:47:23 PST 2005

SDE is a very different beast from PostGIS. PostGIS is to postgresql as
the Informix Spatial Extender is to Informix.  You cannot just slap it
into another database system directly.  Oracle 9i already has a good
deal of spatial capability anyways, with the Locator product, and even
more with Spatial. You've gone part way, why not finish the deal?