[postgis-users] Win32 Installer for Postgis 1.0.0-rc5 nowavailable

Mark Cave-Ayland m.cave-ayland at webbased.co.uk
Tue Mar 29 05:35:56 PST 2005

Hi David,

(cut)

> In the file pgsql2shp.c, I had to replace lne 1915
>
> int junk
>
> by
>
> size_t junk;
>
> That was not fixed in RC5..So Marc, I only wanted to notice
> it for people who have a AMD 64 computer on windows....

I don't think that this would make a difference on 64-bit Windows since at
the moment both the PostGIS and PostgreSQL installer are compiled on 32-bit
platforms and hence produce 32-bit PE format binaries. My guess would be
that the WOW layer will detect this and launch the process as a 32-bit
application until we get around to either compiling or cross-compiling to
Win64 which should then produce a genuine Win64 PE binary.

If you have access to a Win64 machine to try PostgreSQL/PostGIS then please
try this and report back to the list.

Kind regards,

Mark.

WebBased Ltd