[postgis-users] How do you use PostGIS?

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Sun May 1 09:57:40 PDT 2005

>     "How are you using PostGIS in your organization?"

> - Name of the organization

Environment Canada

> - Data being managed in the database

OGC Web Services Metadata

> - How the data is being accessed / manipulated

Accessed via OGC:WFS for discovery of OWS instances and resources

http://devgeo.cciw.ca/cgi-bin/mapserv/eccat?

> - Why you chose to use PostGIS for the application

- interface independent data model
- can plop MapServer over nicely as WMS/WFS
- have the option to port to other tools (GeoServer, deegree2, etc.)

> And also for our edification and strategic planning:
>
> - What PostGIS feature or PostGIS-related software (not necessarily
> internal to PostGIS) would make your life much easier/better?

None at this point.  Fits our simple requirements quite well!