[postgis-users] Problem on Instalation on Fedora Core 3

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Mon May 2 09:01:58 PDT 2005

On Mon, May 02, 2005 at 09:45:10AM -0300, Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha wrote:
> Hello,^M
> ^M
> This is my first one message to the list.^M

Please try to avoid those ^M chars in the next one ;)

^^^^^^^ it's all its fault probably.

It seems mutt (www.mutt.org) fixed them after postpone/edit.

</end_of_rant>

> There is a problem to install the postgis 0.9.0 I would like to know how to
> solve.
>
> I unpack postgis (postgis-0.9.0.tar.gz) at  folder usr/local/pgsql/contrib/
>
> So I changed the line 45 of file "Makefile" from: subdir=contrib/postgis to:
> subdir=contrib/postgis-0.9.0 and   started the procedure to install the
> postgis
>
> [root at localhost postgis-0.9.0]# make
> Makefile:67: ../../src/Makefile.global: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
> Makefile:189: /src/Makefile.shlib: Arquivo ou diretório não encontrado
> make: *** Sem regra para processar o alvo `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Pare.
>

> Translation of the latest line: make: *** Whitout roule to process target
> `/src/Makefile.shlib'.  Pare.

I suggest you set LANG=C before sending bug reports, it should do
the translation on your behalf (correct me if I'm wrong).

> I would like to know what is wrong with it.
> Please tell me what I did wrong.

It seems you unpacked postgis in the postgresql INSTALLATION dir,
while you should have done so in the postgresql SOURCE dir.
Also remember to configure the postgresql source tree before attempting
to build postgis.

> Best Regards
> Ezequias Rodrigues da Rocha

Good luck!