[postgis-users] Upgrading to 1.0.0 for Windows

Ken Lord kenlord at gmail.com
Mon May 2 12:32:26 PDT 2005

Hello list,

I'm looking for the best way to backup my postGIS database in
preparation for upgrading from 0.9 to 1.0.0.

I'm using the Windows version of Postgres / PostGIS, and the
documentation (section 2.2.1 Upgrading) for PostGIS does not appear to
be usable, as associated files are not included with the Windows
version (postgis_restore.pl, lwpostgis.sql).

Im considering dumping my data to shapefiles, and re-importing them
into the new database.

The 'search' form is unavailable for this list right now, so hopefully
I'm not the 37th person to ask this question.

Thanks, and congratulations on getting Version 1.0.0 out the door!

Cheers,
Ken Lord
Vancouver BC