[postgis-users] Use of Postgis/postgresql without installation?

Andreas Neumann neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
Wed May 4 05:00:27 PDT 2005

Hi all,

I have a question: is it possible to start and use postgresql/postgis
from a read only cd-rom without first doing a setup? I am thinking about
using postgis for a CD/DVD based mapping application but the goal is to
run the application without a setup, directly from the DVD. Is that
possible?

Thanks for any pointer,
Andreas

Andreas Neumann - Institute of Cartography
ETH Hoenggerberg
CH-8093  Zurich, Switzerland
Phone: ++41-1-633 3031, Fax: ++41-1-633 1153
e-mail: neumann at karto.baug.ethz.ch
www: http://www.carto.net/neumann/
SVG.Open: http://www.svgopen.org/
Carto.net: http://www.carto.net/