[postgis-users] [Fwd: [Pkg-grass-general] Uploaded postgis 1.0.0RELEASE-4 (source all i386) to debian-gis]

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Wed May 4 21:21:26 PDT 2005

* alex bodnaru (alexbodn at 012.net.il) wrote:
> i am forwarding the announcement of a new debian package sub-release.
>
> i hope that the next upload will already be in debian unstable.

I did some work on packaging postgis myself once upon a time.  One
annoyence I had with it was that it wanted to build inside the Postgres
source tree.  I fixed this by hacking up the various makefiles and
whatnot a bit.  Has this issue in PostGIS been fixed upstream, or did
you do the same?

Also, have you checked out the PostgreSQL 8.0 packages in experimental?
It'd be neat to have PostGIS packages which used them, perhaps also
uploaded to experimental.

If you need any assistance with the packaging or getting it into
unstable, let me know.

	Thanks,

		Stephen