[postgis-users] [Fwd: [Pkg-grass-general] Uploaded postgis 1.0.0RELEASE-4 (source all i386) to debian-gis]

alex bodnaru alexbodn at 012.net.il
Tue May 10 17:36:49 PDT 2005

hi stephen,

thanks for considering my work.

any comments will be highly welcome, so please take a look at the source
package.

as postgis is been supported for postgresql 7.2 and newer, i have done
my best eforts to make debian usable packages for those versions. thus,
postgis has been tested on stable, testing and unstable debian.

though the package has been uploaded to unstable (under sponsorship of
giuseppe sacco), i will be very glad to hear postgis package could be
built on experimental.

the same postgresql abstraction for postgresql-contrib is said to be now
worked on in postgis upstream, so we don't have to wait for 8.0.

i will happily repackage postgis for later upstream releases, with
postgresql abstraction that will allow for smaller debian source
packages.

best regards,

alex