[postgis-users] Problem installing postgis 1.0.0 - libgeos.so.2: cannot open shared object file

Marco Lechner marco.lechner at geographie.uni-freiburg.de
Tue May 10 02:37:11 PDT 2005

Hi List,

I have problem after installing postgis 1.0.0:
- I installed the actual version of geos (V 2.1.1 - stable)
- After that I set LDFLAGS=-lstdc++ and compiled
postgresql --with-perl --with-openssl and installed it succesfully
- then I cpied the unzipped postgis-dir in the postgresql-contrib-folder of
my postgresql-source
- I modified Makefile.config (PROJ=1 GEOS=1)
- I compiled postgis (make install)
- I created a testdb (named postgis)
- I did a createlang plpgsql postgis
 everything works so far

but when I try:

postgres at maas:/usr/local/pgsql> bin/psql -f share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql -d
postgis
Password:
BEGIN
NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:36: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet
defined
DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.0":
libgeos.so.2: cannot open shared object file: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht
gefunden
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:36: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.0": libgeos.so.2: cannot open shared
object file: Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:41: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:49: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:66: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:71: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:share/contrib/lwpostgis.sql:78: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted,
commands ignored until end of transaction block

it doesn't add the postgis-functions to my database
 What's wrong ??

I also added /usr/locyl/pgsql/lib to my /etc/ld.so.conf and did a
/sbin/ldconfig
still got the same problem

Marco

P.S. system is a SuSE-Linux 8.2