[postgis-users] Geomtry_columns may not have an oid

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue May 10 03:40:56 PDT 2005

On Tue, May 10, 2005 at 10:54:36AM +0100, Mark Cave-Ayland wrote:

(...)

> I haven't looked at the proposed patch but geometry_columns is effectively a
> "system" table in the context of PostGIS anyway. I would agree and say force
> the creation of the geometry_columns table WITH OIDS.

Ok, I think we should do it as soon as possible so that in the event
pgsql will change default table creation policy geometry_columns
will not be affected. I'd use explicit OID request in 1.0.1

This would be a change in the .sql file, but I think we can avoid
incrementing script version number (thus requiring user to dump/reload).
Do you agree ?

--strk;