[postgis-users] Upper/lower case mismatch with postgis layers in mapserver

Bill Binko bill at binko.net
Thu May 12 10:59:52 PDT 2005

On Thu, 12 May 2005, Daniel wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I encounter a problem with a PostGIS layer defined for mapserver with:
>
> DATA "geom from user_FT000001.annuaire"
>
> Mapserver send the request to PostGIS with the schema name in lowercase
> (user_ft000001).
> But I need to have it in uppercase to comply with the externally defined
> database structure ...
>
> Is there a way to have this working without writing a full "select from"
> clause ?

Not trying to say this isn't a bug, but have you tried this:

DATA "geom FROM (SELECT geom, oid FROM user_FT000001.annuaire) AS foo
USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID = <YOUR SRID HERE>"

Two others to try would be

DATA "geom FROM \"user_FT000001\".annuaire"

and

DATA "geom FROM (SELECT geom, oid FROM \"user_FT000001\".annuaire) AS foo
USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID = <YOUR SRID HERE>"

Please post the results of these: perhaps we can find a solution

Bill