[postgis-users] Upper/lower case mismatch with postgis layers in mapserver

Daniel daniel.faivre at camptocamp.com
Fri May 13 04:43:38 PDT 2005

Here are results from lower/upper case mismatches for postgis layers in
mapserver:

Bill Binko wrote:

>On Thu, 12 May 2005, Daniel wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>I encounter a problem with a PostGIS layer defined for mapserver with:
>>
>>DATA "geom from user_FT000001.annuaire"
>>
>>Mapserver send the request to PostGIS with the schema name in lowercase
>>(user_ft000001).
>>But I need to have it in uppercase to comply with the externally defined
>>database structure ...
>>
>>Is there a way to have this working without writing a full "select from"
>>clause ?
>>

>Not trying to say this isn't a bug, but have you tried this:
>
>DATA "geom FROM (SELECT geom, oid FROM user_FT000001.annuaire) AS foo
>USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID = <YOUR SRID HERE>"
>
>Two others to try would be
>
>DATA "geom FROM \"user_FT000001\".annuaire"

--> result in a Warning: 2 '[MapServer Error]: loadLayer(): Parsing
error near (user_FT000001):(line 389)

>and
>
>DATA "geom FROM (SELECT geom, oid FROM \"user_FT000001\".annuaire) AS foo
>USING UNIQUE oid USING SRID = <YOUR SRID HERE>"
>
>Please post the results of these: perhaps we can find a solution
>
>Bill

The other ways may work, but I finally choose another workaround ... (to
avoid embedding a full query with a select)

Perhaps this way will work too: DATA 'geom from "user_FT000001"."annuaire"'

Thanks to everibody who helps me

dF