RES: [postgis-users] User Friendly vs Explicit

Mike Leahy mgleahy at fes.uwaterloo.ca
Mon May 16 12:02:37 PDT 2005

I'm just wondering if there is a listing anywhere that makes it
relatively easy to look-up SRIDs.  In the spatial_ref_sys table there
are over 2600 records, and after a bit of searching around, I've found
that if somebody wanted to find the the appropriate SRID for a
particular projection in PostGIS the only way to find it (that I can
see) is to search through this table in PostGIS/PostgreSQL.  Maybe it
would be useful to make a more readable document, or maybe a web-page
somewhere that allows users to browse the spatial_ref_sys table in a
more user-friendly way, or perhaps such a thing already exists and I
just don't know what to look for.

Mike