[postgis-users] EPSG codes

Stone, Matthew (DHS-CDIC) MStone at dhs.ca.gov
Wed May 18 12:51:11 PDT 2005

OK, I have seen some postings about this and am still confused.  I have
PostGIS installed and the spatial_ref_sys table is installed in my
PostgreSQL v.8.0.3.  I am using a projection that is not supported,
Teale_Albers NAD 27 for California and see how I could make that entry
into the spatial_ref_sys table.  However, if I need to make a
conversion, will this be supported since I assume this conversion method
is not built into the GEOS library that was also installed....I am
mainly trying to upload GIS data to my database for visualization in
Geoserver right now, not attempting to have a user make conversions on
the fly through a web app....

Help...

Matthew

Matthew Stone, MPH
UCSF/CA Dept. of Health Services
Epidemiology and Program Evaluation Unit
1616 Capitol Ave MS 7212

Mailing Address:
PO BOX 997413
Sacramento CA 95899-7413

Physical Address:

1616 Capitol Avenue, Suite 74.324, MS 7212
Sacramento, CA 95814

PH: 916-552-9918
FAX: 916-552-9911
mstone at dhs.ca.gov