[postgis-users] HTML Mails

Gino Lucrezi gino-postgis at lucrezi.net
Tue May 24 07:43:18 PDT 2005

> However, this is an e-mail list, not a Usenet Newsgroup bulletin board.

I agree. Having this mailing list available as a newsgroup, too, would be great.
All the postgreSQL mailing lists can also be read on their news server.
They also host mailing lists of other projects (e.g. pgAdmin III), so maybe they could do it for postGIS, too.

Having it available as a newsgroup, too, would really have helped me to use this mailing list better.

> This means that to participate in the requested fashion, one would need
> to turn off the HTML formatting for each individual message sent to this
> post (and leave it one for all the other e-mail we send throughout the
> day).

Actually, it would be good to keep if off all the time :-)

> Some companies and gov't agencies encourage, if not require, HTML
> messages for their correspondence.

It's the first time I hear of such a thing...

Too bad!

Anyway, in the next few days I'll unsubscribe. I'm changing job, and the new one won't involve GIS. I'll miss this world...

Gino