[postgis-users] dbf2pgsql type utility

Kralidis,Tom [Burlington] Tom.Kralidis at ec.gc.ca
Thu May 26 13:31:00 PDT 2005

> > Hi,
> >
> > I have some pure attribute data which I will join to
> spatial tables in
> > PostGIS.  They are formatted as .dbf files.
> >
> > Is there a dbf2pgsql type utility to do this?  Or will I have to
> > resort to Perl and roll my own?
>
> What about patching shp2pgsql instead ?

I'd love to.  However that won't work for my this Tuesday deliverable.
At any rate, what (at a high level) would be involved in patching
shp2pgsql.c to do this?  I could see this being extended via a "-t" flag
which means "just insert the .dbf table".

In the short-term, if anyone has any ideas, that would be much
appreciated.

..Tom