[postgis-users] Beginner question: Incorrect SRID?

Adrian Holovaty postgis at holovaty.com
Sun May 29 17:40:31 PDT 2005

Paul Ramsey wrote:
> No, it's the wrong srid. Try 102671, which is the same thing in feet.
> That's the "made up" ESRI id for that projection. I think there's an
> official EPSG id now, but it isn't in our table...

Thanks for the response. That SRID isn't available for me, though:

"""
$ shp2pgsql -s 102671 Zipcodes.shp testtable | psql testdb
$ psql testdb
testdb=# select zip, asText(transform(the_geom, 4326)) from testtable limit 1;
ERROR:  Cannot find input SRID (102671) in spatial_ref_sys
"""

Are you saying I should create it by adding a record to the spatial_ref_sys
table?

I'm using PostGIS 1.0.1, if that matters. Thanks again!

Adrian