[postgis-users] Arc integration

Alex Allen-Turl aallenturl at ems-sep.com
Wed Nov 9 08:17:30 PST 2005

Hey Kids,
My name is Alex and I am the IT Manager for an environmental company in
Florida, and I've been charged with the task of trying to get our
software to run faster.

According to ESRI the thing that would really help is ArcSDE which is
$10,000+, but I also noticed PostGIS name pop up as an alternative.

My questions are :
1. Is there still an incompatibility between Arc DIE and PostGIS 1.x?
2. Are there any good resources or arguments for using PostGIS instead
of ArcSDE or is this an invalid argument because they are two completely
different pieces of software

Anyone that could help, I'd appreciate greatly.

Cheers

-Alex