Trouble with AsText(ExteriorRing()) Re: [postgis-users] IsSimple terminating connection

Diez B. Roggisch deets at web.de
Mon Nov 28 03:23:43 PST 2005

On Monday 28 November 2005 12:13, Markus Schaber wrote:
> Hi, Diez,
>
> Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> > As I said, my problem is _not_ postgis in general - most things work. But
> > what appears to be libgeos-dependend somehow is broken, at least
> > partially.
>
> Okay, I understand. It might be a problem with the bunch of C++ ABI
> transitions currently going on in Debian, but I'm not the C++ expert.

Ah, that could be a reason - the geos-lib has a funny package-suffix that I've
seen in similar ways before, e.g. when Qt3 was moved to another gcc version.

However, I do compile the whole stuff on my machine - so if there are no
actual bugs the ABI should be the same.  But certainly a thing to explore
deeper. Thanks.

Regards,

Diez