[postgis-users] Making shp2pgsql using iconv in /usr/local?

strk at refractions.net strk at refractions.net
Tue Nov 29 00:53:45 PST 2005

You only need to rebuild shp2pgsql, which is the only
place where iconv is used.

Currently there's no support for iconv in a separate library:
it is assumed iconv funx are provided by C lib.

Anyway you can set LDFLAGS in the environment:

$ cd PGISSRC/loader
$ make clean
$ LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib -liconv" \
> CFLAGS="-I/usr/local/include" make shp2pgsql

You might need -rpath for forcing runtime binding to
a specific version, check ld(8)

--strk;