[postgis-users] ArcGIS/ArcView client to the PostGIS?

Abe Gillespie abe.gillespie at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 09:26:48 PDT 2005

Everyone,

Thanks for your interest in zigGIS.  I'm doing my best to get an
easily built system going.  I'm using Nant, which I'm new to, and also
am very busy in my professional life.  So please bare with me.  I
expect I'll have a notable update within a week or so.

My first goal is polishing up the read-only aspect of zigGIS.  After
that we can all work together for a decent writable piece.  Even if we
can't get editing working natively within ArcGIS (I've banged my head
a lot to this end), we can always take a similar approach as pgArc.

I need all the help I can get, so if you can volunteer your time I
would be greatly appreciated.  Mostly we need programmers.  Contact me
directly if you're interested.

At the very least you might want to sign up to the devel list.

As far as Java and other languages go, this *IS* .Net and you can code
in pretty much any language you wish to of course; including Java.
The main caveat, however, is that code in different languages must be
in different assemblies.  E.g. - design overhead.  With this said
though, I'd like to see everything stay in C#.  C# is very similar to
Java and it shouldn't take too long for a brain shift.

Thanks again for your interest.
-Abe