[postgis-users] data in mapserver

Frances Collier fcollier at preparedresponse.com
Wed Oct 12 15:31:26 PDT 2005

I'm not sure if this is the correct listing to post to, but I thought I'd
give it a try. I am trying to load a layer from postgis into mapserver. I
believe I finally got the connection working correctly, but when I run the
.map through mapserver the layer does not show up. I then tried to run the
.map file through shp2img and the layer did not show up. I have no idea what
I'm doing wrong and am sure it has to do more with my lack of experience
with mapserver than postgis. Below is the layer code from my .map file.

LAYER

     NAME "principal"

     GROUP "roads"

     CONNECTIONTYPE POSTGIS

     CONNECTION "dbname=dcmms user=postgres password=w0rk1n
host=map.rapidresponder.com port=5432"

     DATA "wkb_geometry from wacounties"

     STATUS on

     TYPE line

     LABELCACHE on

     LABELITEM "county_nm"

     CLASSITEM "ecy_region"

     MAXSCALE 4000000

     MINSCALE 80001

     CLASS

          NAME "Principal Hwy"

          EXPRESSION /Principal Highway*/

          STYLE

               SYMBOL "BigLine"

               SIZE 3

               COLOR 171 158 137

          END

          OVERLAYSYMBOL "DashedLine"

          OVERLAYSIZE 1

          OVERLAYCOLOR 255 255 255

#         TEXT ([FEATURE],[NAME])

          LABEL

               TYPE truetype

               FONT "arial"

               MINFEATURESIZE 50

               MINDISTANCE 100

               ANGLE auto

               COLOR 0 0 0

               SIZE 8

          END

     END

END

Any help or direction is greatly appreciated.

-Frances