[postgis-users] postgis installation problem

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Tue Oct 18 09:11:06 PDT 2005

createlang plpgsql yourdb should fix it.

--Paul

>>> rschumeyer at ieee.org 10/18/05 5:55 PM >>>
I'm trying to install postgis 1.0.4 with postgresql 8.0.4.

In addition, I have installed proj 4.4.9 and geos 2.1.4.

If I leave the postgis Makefile.config alone everything works fine.

However, if I edit Makefile.config to say:

USE_PROJ ?= 1

USE_GEOS ?= 1

then I get shared library errors when I attempt to run

$psql -f lwpostgis.sql -d yourdatabase

BEGIN

psql:lwpostgis.sql:35: NOTICE:  type "histogram2d" is not yet defined

DETAIL:  Creating a shell type definition.

psql:lwpostgis.sql:35: ERROR:  could not load library
"/usr/local/pgsql/lib/liblwgeom.so.1.0": libgeos.so.2: cannot open
shared
object file: No such file or directory

The shared library does in fact exist in that location.

Any help is appreciated!