[postgis-users] Re: Re: SRS WKT >>> srid?

Patrick pvanlaake at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Oct 19 12:04:17 PDT 2005

"Frank Warmerdam" <warmerdam at pobox.com> wrote in message
news:931f8ea90510190633x5dda4441t585886fb2a16d5a8 at mail.gmail.com...

> The EPSG folks now provide SQL dumps of their database with the intent
> that it could be easily loaded into a variety of databases.  I would
> suggest
> you fetch those and try loading them into postgresql.

Yes, I was looking at those already. Last week EPSG version 8.6 was released
with native PostgreSQL dumps. The pain is of course in glueing it all
together and turning a structure of objects into a WKT string. Still, I
think this is the way to go, if CRS analysis is to go beyond "using my own
eyes".

Anybody interested in putting in some time???

Patrick