[postgis-users] help command pgsql2shp

Maher Karim Maher_Karim at dorsch.com.jo
Tue Oct 25 09:36:50 PDT 2005

Hi,
You can use the command line like follows:

pgsql2shp -u postgres -g the_geom -P password -f test testgis "select *
from LT where name = XXX"

where
u: user name
P:password
g: geometry column field name.
f: shapefile name

Regards
Maher

|---------+--------------------------------------------->
|         |           zourite at cegetel.net               |
|         |           Sent by:                          |
|         |           postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refr|
|         |           actions.net                       |
|         |                                             |
|         |                                             |
|         |           10/25/2005 05:28 PM               |
|         |           Please respond to PostGIS Users   |
|         |           Discussion                        |
|---------+--------------------------------------------->
  |        To:      postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net                                                                        |
  |        cc:                                                                                                                   |
  |        Subject: [postgis-users] help command pgsql2shp                                                                       |

Hello
Is anyone can give me an example of pgsql2shp command with sql query in
option. Is there a documentation of this function (may be i could write
it).
I'm looking for something like this :
pgsql2shp -f c:\test.shp testgis 'select * from LT where name = XXX' but
it doesn't work !

Thanks