[postgis-users] Tiger Geocoder from Refractions

Jamie Taylor stuff4jamie at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 23:07:58 PDT 2005

Hi -

I've be trying to get the Tiger Geocoder that is
downloadable from the Refractions web site working.

I have loaded the Tiger Line data (for other reasons)
into a PostGIS enabled database, using ogr2ogr...but
the references in the two SQL files don't look
anything like the relations I have from my Tiger load
(e.g., tiger_geocode_roads.*)

I'm guessing there is some normalization step that is
assumed to have taken place, or some other loading
process that people have used.

Thoughts? Help/Suggestions? Has anyone made this work?

Thanks!