[postgis-users] Tiger Geocoder from Refractions

Mark Leslie mark at refractions.net
Wed Sep 7 10:25:17 PDT 2005

Jamie,
There was a bit of normalization put into the data for the geocoder.
Looking through the
script, the tables we seem to need are roads_local, tiger_geocode_roads
and tiger_geocode_join.  roads_local
is basically the results of ogr2ogr.  We did some processing to extract
county and zipcode boundaries
and such.  tiger_geocode_roads is a subset of roads_local.  It looks
like: (id integer, fedirp char(2), fename char(30),
fetype char(4), fedirs char(2), zip char(6), state varchar(64), county
varchar(64), cousub varchar(64), place varchar(64), geom geometry).
tiger_geocode_join links the two.  I've been looking for the scripts I
used to generate the but I think they were a
casualty of a recent disk space shortage, but this should give you
something to work with.
Mark