[postgis-users] Open Access to State-Collected Geospatial Data

strk strk at keybit.net
Fri Sep 16 00:33:08 PDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 15, 2005 at 11:15:21PM -0500, Gerry Creager N5JXS wrote:
> http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/digital.htm
> http://www.tnris.state.tx.us/stratmap/index.htm
>
> The State of Texas already does this!

Very nice, altought I haven't found a clear notice
about what can you do with the data (licensing terms).

Anyway, AFAIK, data for most of US are freely available,
a bigger problem is in Europe. Please feel free to support
the manifesto even if you don't personally feel the
aforementioned frustration ;)

--strk;