[postgis-users] Rasters

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Thu Sep 29 15:03:15 PDT 2005

I've mentioned this a few minutes ago, but for me, there are 2 atomics.

In terms of a Level III radar image, say, 0.5 deg elevation, base
reflectivity, we are interested in 1km x 1km pixels surrounding a radar
site.  1x1 km is the basic resolution of the reflectivity data, so
that's a cell.  Data can be referenced as radial/vector (or that
converted to coordinate data).

For Level II data we have reflectivity, velocity and spectrum width (std
dev of velocity).  These are effectively voxels and are radial and range
(range-gate) referenced.  The data presented as a 3d volume scan of all
the radials and all the elevations with a reference time.

I'll work on some p-code SQL for you.

It's a little out of the box but I sense the PostGIS can work with these
data.

Thanks, gerry
gerry