[postgis-users] PostGIS' gentoo ebuild and PostGIS manual transalation

Gérald Fenoy djayweb at djayux.net
Fri Apr 7 03:26:11 PDT 2006

Hi folks,
I'm proud to anounce you that the new 1.1.2 version is available on the
official gentoo portage tree. I hope that you'll be numerous to test it
and, if applicable, report a bug on the gentoo's bugzilla
(http://bugs.gentoo.org).

Yesterday we've made some changes on postgis.fr to be able to translate
the official PostGIS Manual in french. So I call all french people to
come on postgis.fr contributing to that effort in translating the
PostGIS Manual (see section called "Manuels / Livres").

regards,

ps: Note that only geos 2.1.4 is available by now on portage but you can
download more recents versions on : http://gentoo.djayux.net  (for geos
is in sci-libs/geos).