[postgis-users] Data from function inside mapserver

Josh Livni josh at livniconsulting.com
Sat Apr 15 11:30:10 PDT 2006

I have a function that I feed some variables, and it returns me some
geometries.

if I run:  'select the_geom from
get_symbolized_county_by_state_by_criteria('0601',1,2,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL)'

I get back a legitimate looking the_geom field (type geometry)

However, if I try to use it in mapserver, I get nothing:
DATA "the_geom from
get_symbolized_county_by_state_by_criteria('0601',1,2,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL)
using srid=5555"

5555 is the correct SRID for this -- This works fine:
DATA "the_geom from counties using srid=5555"

(the counties table is what is joined to some other tables in the
get_symbolized... function).

Is there a reason this type of select statement would not work inside of
mapserver?

Thanks for any help.

   -Josh

PS I also tried [DATA "the_geom from (select * from get_symbolized...)
as foo using srid=5555"] to no avail