[postgis-users] PostGIS setup - Ubuntu Breezy + PostgreSQL-8.1

Stefano Costa steko at iosa.it
Mon Apr 17 03:43:51 PDT 2006

Scrive Paul Scott <pscott at uwc.ac.za>:

> On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 13:23 +0300, alex bodnaru wrote:
> > hi paul,
> >
> > you may even install genuine debian packages from debian gis.
> >

> I tried to, but the debian packages depended on libgcc-base greater than
> what Breezy comes with. The first attempt would have broken my system
> completely, thus the reason for the wiki page... It also calls for
> libgeos2c2a which is uninstallabe.

Maybe the DebGIS work on Dapper, not sure, still on Breezy here.. ;)
The integration between DebGIS and Ubuntu is usually a problem at this moment.
Some effort is required to get a UbuntuGIS repository up and working. Check out
http://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuGIS for a (confused) patchwork of ideas and links
about that.

Regards, Steko

--