[postgis-users] PostGIS setup - Ubuntu Breezy + PostgreSQL-8.1

Paul Scott pscott at uwc.ac.za
Mon Apr 17 05:28:51 PDT 2006

On Mon, 2006-04-17 at 15:15 +0300, alex bodnaru wrote:
> hi,
>
> i don't have ubuntu, but the available debian packages have been
> designed to support even older postgresql architectures.

The packages you mention (DebianGIS) work perfectly on my debian Sarge
box, so they are not broken or anything! I just needed to put together
something quickly on my ubuntu laptop for a conference that I am
presenting at this week. I found the problems on Breezy, and wrote up a
workaround on the wiki that I will refine and fix up when I have some
time. This was a quickie in an emergency, so it may not be the *best*
way to do things, but it is *a* way. I know also that a few other people
were having problems on Ubuntu Breezy, hence the writeup...

--Paul