[postgis-users] postgis for non-superuser user

Markus Schaber schabi at logix-tt.com
Wed Apr 19 07:57:35 PDT 2006

Hi, Shoaib,

Shoaib Burq wrote:

> is there an easy way to allow non-postgresql-superuser users to create
> postgis enabled databases. I am running the most recent postgis gentoo
> ebuild.

If you can call "create database", then you actually _are_ superuser, right?

And for installing PostGIS into a database, you need to define some 'C'
functions. As 'C' is considered an "unsafe" language by PostgreSQL (you
can bypass the whole security system), you need superuser rights for this.

> I haven't noticed any postgis templates.

The debian installation has a template_postgis database, AFAIR.

HTH,
Markus