[postgis-users] Quote problem in query

Barend Köbben kobben at itc.nl
Mon Apr 24 05:47:35 PDT 2006

I am not sure about PhP (never use it myself), but in most script and programming langauges I do know, you can 'escape' the quote , usually by putting a \ in front, so your string could be

" WHERE table.id =  other_table.id AND table.name = \"Algeria\") AS   foo USING UNIQUE uid USING srid=-1"

If this does not work, check a PhP tutorial/book on how to escape characters in strings...

--
Barend Köbben
International Institute for Geo-information