AW: [postgis-users] how to handle table

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Fri Aug 4 04:55:20 PDT 2006

>select * from pointcity, pointcountry --- I thought it wasn't valid

To combine two equal tables you can use the UNION option:

select * from pointcity union select * from pointcountry;

If you like to create a new table you can use

create table pointall as select * from pointcity union select * from
pointcountry;

Don't forget to create a spatial index on the_geom.

With best regards
Horst Düster

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator, Stv. Amtschef