[postgis-users] Re: SRID for USA_Lambert_Conformal_Conic

P Kishor punkish at eidesis.org
Sat Aug 19 21:48:45 PDT 2006

Well, after a few hours of bouncing around on websites, and scanning
through rows after rows of similar looking srtext, I give up. I can't
figure out the srid, auth_name, auth_srid, and proj4text for the
following srtext --

PROJCS[
  'USA_Contiguous_Lambert_Conformal_Conic',
  GEOGCS[
    'GCS_North_American_1983',
    DATUM[
      'D_North_American_1983',
      SPHEROID['GRS_1980',6378137.0,298.257222101]
    ],
    PRIMEM['Greenwich',0.0],
    UNIT['Degree',0.0174532925199433]
  ],
  PROJECTION['Lambert_Conformal_Conic'],
  PARAMETER['False_Easting',0.0],
  PARAMETER['False_Northing',0.0],
  PARAMETER['Central_Meridian',-96.0],
  PARAMETER['Standard_Parallel_1',33.0],
  PARAMETER['Standard_Parallel_2',45.0],
  PARAMETER['Latitude_Of_Origin',39.0],
  UNIT['Meter',1.0]
];
-19071146.8131673 -17820932.1267064 61.0351561931566;0 100000;0 100000

Any help would be much appreciated as it would stop me for committing
harm to my dell.