[postgis-users] Re: SRID for USA_Lambert_Conformal_Conic

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Sun Aug 20 09:41:34 PDT 2006

Kishor,

If I have followed the thread correctly, you have two separate table:

1) a table say abc the has data the is already in this projection but
the srid=-1, for this table:

update abc set the_geom=setsrid(the_geom, 102005);

and another table say def that has data in srid=4326

update table def set the_geom=transform(the_geom, 102005);

Now both tables should be in the same transform.

BUT .... there might be constraints on the above table that might
prevent the above operations, so you might want to create new tables and
move the data into those while performing the transforms. I would
recommend this anyway, because it you don't get the result you want you
will have already clobbered the tables you need to try again. Also, the
obvious caution to backup before you do any such large updates, that you
are unsure of.

-Steve W