[postgis-users] AddGeometryColumn problem

Michael Fuhr mike at fuhr.org
Mon Aug 21 12:40:42 PDT 2006

On Mon, Aug 21, 2006 at 03:43:21PM -0300, Bruno Patini Furtado wrote:
> I've just installed PostgreSQL 8.1.4 without the GIS extensions and after
> that installed the postgis-pg81-setup-1.1.3-1.exe from
> http://postgis.refractions.net/download/windows/. ]
>
> Everything went fine but when I try to run the SQL statements generated by
> the shp2pgsql program, the error message "ERROR:  current transaction is
> aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block" is reported.

Some previous command failed; no subsequent commands will be allowed
until the transaction is rolled back.  What error messages do you see
prior to the one shown above?  Whatever earlier command is failing is
the one that needs attention.

> I've tried to run only the create table statement, but the same error
> message was reported.
> So I've changed:
> CREATE TABLE "gis_test"."brazil_tiled2" (gid serial PRIMARY KEY,
> "location" varchar(255));
> To:
> CREATE TABLE gis_test.brazil_tiled

Which name is it supposed to be -- brazil_tiled or brazil_tiled2?
Does the schema gis_test exist?

--
Michael Fuhr