[postgis-users] Spatial Queries on Postgis Java Geometry classes

Norman Barker nbarker at ittvis.com
Fri Dec 1 01:07:50 PST 2006

________________________________

From: postgis-users-bounces at postgis.refractions.net
Sandeep Kumar Jakkaraju
Sent: 01 December 2006 00:09
To: PostGIS Users Discussion
Subject: [postgis-users] Spatial Queries on Postgis Java Geometry
classes

Hi All

If i am correct !! all the spatial queries are done on the geometry
objects ..in the table ..

For example:-
I have a table ..which has a geometry column which of type say POLYGON
...say bounds
I want to write a spatial query ..

select * from table where intersects (GEOMFROMTEXT('POINT(0
0)'),bounds);

but if some one is using Hibernate with Postgis ... I have to run this
as a native sql query ..
BUT has anyone worked on Postgis ..Geometry Java CLass ..so that ..i can
run a createria query
like

"from Tiles t where t.bounds.intersects('POINT(0 0)')";

if someone thinks it is worthwhile to work on .. i would like to work on
it ..

thanx ...

sandeep

Sandeep,

This would be useful as an object query, so EJB-QL, or HQL.  I ran a
demo project from Jan earlier this week with the hibernate postgis
driver (so dropping all my EJB3 code) and it works fine in a
hibernate/spring environment as well as JBoss.  I notice that the query
parser for hibernate 3 is different to 2.1, I think this may be a major
piece of work - let me know if I can help.

It would be good to document any object query extensions if you have
time.

Thanks,

Norman