[postgis-users] postgis.jar file does not contain latest geometry types

Ken Southerland southerland at samsix.com
Tue Dec 12 18:18:26 PST 2006

It seems the postgis.jar file is lagging the development of the new curve
types for postgis 1.2.  This is the exception I get when I try to read an
object of the new CicularString type....

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unknown Geometry Type: 8
        at
org.postgis.binary.BinaryParser.parseGeometry(BinaryParser.java:136)
        at org.postgis.binary.BinaryParser.parse(BinaryParser.java:79)
        at org.postgis.PGgeometry.geomFromString(PGgeometry.java:91)
        at org.postgis.PGgeometry.geomFromString(PGgeometry.java:73)
        at org.postgis.PGgeometry.setValue(PGgeometry.java:56)
        at
org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Connection.getObject(AbstractJdbc2Connection.java:391)
        ... 27 more

... I am willing to upgrade the java code, adding and editing the necessary
classes, if I had information as to how the binary data is stored.  What is
the process for contributing to this project or is someone else working on
this already?

Cheers,

Ken

--